Post 5: A photo and its story

I apologize if anyone gets bothered with this photo, but for me is one of the most influential and badass moments of the human history
I think I know something about photography, in previous years I take a few photography courses and I like travel to discover new places in the south of Chile (where I live), so I have several photos that I like and they have a important place in my heart. 
But for me, this photo it's the most important of all that I know, For me, represents the most pure state of the human spirit and shows how powerful an idea can be


This picture taken by Malcolm Browne, has as protagonist the Buddhist monk "Thích Quảng" an his self-imolation was in protest to the government and its policy towards Buddhists, demanding that it fulfill its promises of religious equality. 
When the flames reached him, the monk took the lotus position and without hesitation he waited for his death, not making any movement or sound.

This moment and this photograph means a lot to me, because I think that one of the most important things that a person can have is their own ideas, and defending them against any adversity seems to me something worthy of admiration, and that no matter if they kill that person, because their ideals can pass through generations, making the idea (and that person) immortal, like Victor Jara in Chile.

- Ideas are bulletproof

Comentarios

  1. Hi Nicolas, this photo definitely conveys many things. I agree with you that one should be true to one's beliefs and I find the cases you tell very sad as it is very unfair.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Nicolas, your ideas are like that man, indestructibles!!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 4: A meal or food you really like

Post 1